1. Get students to learn the useful new words and expressions in this part: diet, balance, barbecue, mutton, roast, fry, ought, bacon, slim, curiosity, hostess, raw, vinegar, lie, customer, discount, balanced diet, ought to, lose weight, get away with, tell a lie, win. . . back.
2. Let students learn the knowledge of balanced diet and nutrition.
1. Develop students’ reading ability and let them learn different reading skills.
2. Enable students to talk about different kinds of food, problems with diet and balanced diet.
1. Stimulate students’ sense to form a healthy eating habit.
2. Develop students’ sense of cooperative learning.